Did you know?
- By the time you reach the age of 75, your hard-working heart will have to beat more than 3 billion times.
- Cocoa flavanols are one of the most highly researched plant-based nutrients in the world, and they are scientifically proven to support heart and cardiovascular health.
- Because traditional processing destroys many of the cocoa flavanols in chocolate, you need a specially processed cocoa flavanol supplement to get the amounts shown by research to support a healthy heart.
Step 1: Is A Heart Health Supplement The Right Supplement For You?
Your heart is a muscle. If it weakens or gets stiffer over time, it becomes less efficient at pumping oxygen-rich blood throughout your body. Thicker artery walls with less elasticity can also impede optimal blood flow. So what you want to do as you get older is make sure your heart muscle and arteries are as fit as they can be.
Exercise is a big part of this, but you can also promote short-term and long-term cardiovascular health with certain proven bioactives such as cocoa flavanols.
We all have hearts that are working hard for us, so think of a heart health supplement as part of an overall healthy routine, especially as you reach your 50s and 60s and start to focus on maintaining your energy and active lifestyle.
Heart Health Supplement Benefits
The right heart health supplement can help keep your cardiovascular system fit and ready for all the important things you want to do with it, now and in the future. A heart supplement with adequate levels of cocoa flavanols can:
- Increase nitric oxide levels — a molecule naturally produced in our bodies that is important to heart health
- Keep arteries healthy and flexible
- Support healthy blood pressure
- Promote energy levels by promoting healthy blood flow
Your heart is a hard worker. It beats about 100,000 times every day. By the time you reach the age of 75, you’ll have depended on your heart to beat more than 3 billion times. So why not give this dedicated organ all the help and support you can? Exercise, eat right, get enough sleep…those are givens. But should you also take a heart health supplement?
That depends on choosing the right one. We never recommend taking supplements blindly, and not all the claims of the heart health supplements on the market are backed by science. So how do you decide? Be smart, do your research, and follow these simple steps.
Step 2: Choose The Right Heart Health Supplement
A wide variety of ingredients and combinations are packaged as heart health supplements, but you don’t want to take something untested or unproven. So start with the science and consider all these factors to make your right choice.
- Scientifically proven. Cocoa flavanols are scientifically proven to support heart, brain and total-body health — not just in one study but in many studies over 20 years. Cocoa flavanols are one of the most highly researched plant-based nutrients in the world. One study of healthy people between 35 and 60 showed that participants who took about 400mg of cocoa flavanols twice daily for a month showed a 21% improvement in blood vessel function, and promoted healthy blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Bioavailability. Scientists have found that the cocoa bean has a unique combination of flavanols found in no other food, and the key bioactive flavanol form found in cocoa, (-)-epicatechin, is rapidly and effectively absorbed
- Guaranteed level of the effective ingredient. Yes, there are some cocoa flavanols in chocolate, but traditional cocoa processing destroys these delicate compounds. The recommended amount of 450 mg is six times the amount in a serving of the leading 80% dark chocolate, or even a leading cocoa powder.
- Quality. Look for bioactives derived from fresh, known sources with strict quality standards and processed with care.
Step 3: Choose The Right Supplement For Your Lifestyle
It’s also important to select a supplement that fits your lifestyle. CocoaViaTM cocoa flavanol supplements are not only backed by over 30 clinical studies, but they come in two convenient forms.
- CocoaVia™ Cardio Health Capsules — These plant-based vegan capsules provide 500 mg cocoa flavanols in a convenient serving of two capsules taken once daily.
- CocoaVia™ Cardio Health Powder— Great for mixing into beverages, shakes, oatmeal, etc. Each serving or stick pack delivers 450 mg of cocoa flavanols in a convenient tasty format.
Shop CocoaVia Supplements To Support Cardiovascular Health
Our mission at CocoaVia™ is to bring you high quality supplements that are backed by scientific research. We can guarantee the level of bioactives in every serving, because our proprietary Cocoapro® process begins with the freshest, highest quality cocoa beans — from family farmers in Indonesia — and handles them carefully to preserve the highest possible concentration of flavanols for our extract.
Support your hard-working heart to keep it working at its best.