Easy Cocoa Flavanol Rich Black Bean Dip
- ½ (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed, liquid from can reserved
- 2 tablespoons black bean can liquid, plus more as needed
- 1/3 cup mild salsa
- 2 tablespoons (or about 4 pieces) sliced green pickled jalapeño peppers (optional but highly recommended)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1 Scoop of CocoaVia™ Cardio Health Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl of a food processor, puree the black beans, can liquid, salsa, pickled jalapeño, garlic, lime juice, cilantro, CocoaVia™ Cardio Health Supplement, cumin, olive oil, and salt until smooth.
- Add more of the black bean can liquid as needed until the desired texture. Adjust lime juice, and olive oil to taste.
- Garnish with cilantro, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, or raw veggies.
NOTE: Makes 1 serving
- Calories 274,
- Total fat 8g,
- Saturated fat 1g,
- Polyunsaturated fat 1g,
- Monounsaturated Fat 5g,
- Sodium 210mg,
- Total carbohydrates 42g,
- Dietary fiber 16g,
- Sugars 3g,
- Protein 13g,
- Vitamin A 457IU
- Vitamin C 4mg
- Calcium 68mg
- Iron 3mg